While much of the online poker world seems to be moving away from the concept of sponsored pros, GGPoker seems to be doubling down. The highly publicized and controversial signing of Instagram star Dan Bilzerian earlier this year and Daniel Negreanu before that, was part of what appears to be an attempt by GGPoker to capitalize on well-known personalities in the poker world.
The latest additions to GGTeam are TwitchSquad and OmahaSquad.
With the TwitchSquad, members will present their games via streaming services. Fans can catch the action by watching their live streams on twitch.tv.
The streamers who are part of the team include Michiel van Elsacker (Easterdamnz), Hristivoje Pavlovic (ALLInPav) and Patrick Tardif (Egption). Even Kevin Martin, a poker player and former Big Brother Canada contestant, is on the streaming team.
For the Omaha Squad, the team consists of players who have mastered the respective type of card game. On this team you have Sasha Liu and Fernando Habegger.
Fans can visit GGPoker's team pages to find ways to connect with every squad and team member. Each profile contains information on Twitter pages, Instagram, Twitch, and other outlets.
$7M Omaholics series
From March 14 to 28, GGNetwork (Betkings, GGpoker, Natural8, 2bet4win) will host the Omaholic Series with $7,000,000 guaranteed across 105 events.
Its schedule is very different from the regular Omaha tournament grid:
- Buy-ins will range from $15 to $10,300 (instead of $315).
- The minimum guarantee is $5,000 (instead of $100).
- Almost all events will guarantee $10,000 or more.
- The Omaholic Series Main Event will come in two editions: $55 buy-in ($500k GTD) and $400 ($1,000,000 GTD). Both tournaments will feature several starting flights.
- The most expensive tournament of the series — $10,300 Omaholic Super Highroller will guarantee $500,000, and, most likely, it will reunite all Omaha pros.
The full schedule of the Omaholic Series is available here.